I've never really tried to make pie before but when I found this recipe on the Vegan Convert website, I couldn't help myself. I am so glad I tried it because it was pure perfection! This recipe was based on the recipe I found and I tweaked it a little.
1 packet of pastry (you can also make it yourself but I'm no expert on that)
1 Leek roughly chopped
1 punnet of Mushrooms roughly chopped
2 chopped cloves of garlic
1 brown onion
Cream Sauce Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Plain Flour
4 Tbsp Dairy Free Butter
1/2 cube of vegetable stock
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C and put your pastry on the bench to defrost.
2. Add 1 tbsp of dairy-free butter to a pan and add the leek and mushrooms to the pan. After 2 minutes add the 2 cloves of chopped garlic and continue to cook the leek/mushroom/garlic combo.
3. Whilst leaving the above on a low heat to slowly cook through, you can start making the white creamy sauce. To do this melt 3 large tbsp of butter in a pan. When this has melted, take off the hob and add 3 heaped tbsp of plain flour, and mix in ensuring they aren’t separated in any way.
4. Add the milk slowly. Mix in thoroughly. The mix may be very running at this point. Add in the vegetable stock and stir until it is melted.
5. Once the vegetable stock is melted, add in the nutritional yeast and stir until properly mixed through.
6.Make sure to continuously stir the leek/mushroom/garlic combo on the other hob, and when the white sauce is done you can add the chopped onion to the veggie pan for about 2 minutes.
7. Get your pie dish and line it with baking paper. Place the pastry into the baking dish.
9. Now pour the cream sauce into the veg pan, and mix to make sure all veg is covered by sauce. Pour the mix into the pie dish.
10. Place some pastry on top and make sure to put some slits in it so the hot air can release while cooking.
11. Place in 200 C pre-heated oven for around 30-40 minutes. Near the end of the cooking time, keep checking it to make sure you only cook it to when the tips of the pastry are golden brown.
12. Let sit for a couple minutes the serve and enjoy.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Copyright Bliss Fitness 2017
Bootcamps // Personal Trainer